James is joined by special-guest co-host Roger – who just happens to be James’ real-life Dad! Together they discuss the recent remake of the western classic The Magnificent Seven, discuss Roger’s affinity for old-west based films and TV, then run down James’ personal Top 10 Westerns.
- The Proposition (2005, John Hilcoat)
- Three Amigos (1986, John Landis)
- Slow West (2015, John Maclean)
- High Noon (1952, Fred Zinnemann)
- True Grit (2010, Coen Bros)
- Meek’s Cutoff (2010, Kelly Reichardt)
- Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (1973, Sam Peckinpah)
- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007, Andrew Dominik)
- The Great Silence (1968, Sergio Corbucci)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966, Sergio Leone)
- Sign up for the Cinereelists Fantasy Movie League! If you need a password, it’s heyguys.
- Follow Cinereelists: Facebook – Twitter
- Follow James: Letterboxd – Twitter
- Follow Zach: Letterboxd – Twitter
- You can support the show on our Patreon.
Have a film suggestion you think we’ve never seen and want us to discuss on the show? Send your pick to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us WILL watch it and discuss it on a future next show… or send a comment, suggestion, or correction!