Zach and James take a bite out of the new a24 comedy horror film Slice, then relive the past in order of preference via their respective favorite food-based movie moments.
Check out this weeks Aftershow over at Patreon where we play a game with the “Film Director” wikipedia page and play a round of clickbait roulette!
- Follow Cinereelists: Facebook – Twitter
- Follow James: Letterboxd – Twitter
- Follow Zach: Letterboxd – Twitter
- Support the show on Patreon.
- Baby Ruth scene with Sloth and Chunk in 1985’s The Goonies
- Joey Pants eats steak in 1999’s The Matrix
- Jell-o moment in 1993’s Jurassic Park
- Pee Wee Herman makes breakfast via Rube Goldberg device in 1985’s Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure
- The pie-eating contest scene in 1986’s Stand By Me
- Oh Dae-su eats a live octopus in 2003’s Oldboy
- Dinner party possession dance scene (Day-O) in 1988’s Beetlejuice
- The raisin treat scene in 1985’s Better Off Dead
- Chilled monkey brains scene in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Uma Thurman’s $5 milk shake scene between her and John Travolta in 1994’s Pulp Fiction
- Boiling Lobster – Annie Hall
- Monkey Brains – Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Eating Octopus – Oldboy
- Dinner – Hook
- Christmas Duck – A Christmas Story
- The Roll Dance – The Gold Rush
- Chicken Sandwich – Five Easy Pieces
- Candy Room – Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Ordering a Pizza – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Dinner on Stage – The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
Have a film suggestion you think we’ve never seen and want us to discuss on the show? Send your pick to email@example.com and one of us WILL watch it and discuss it on a future next show… or send a comment, suggestion, or correction!