Kyle and Zach debate the best director of every decade between the 1920s through the 2010s.
Watch this episode: https://youtu.be/VJ11ZWMLEhQ
- Follow Cinereelists: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram – TikTok
- Follow James: Letterboxd – Twitter
- Follow Zach: Letterboxd – Twitter
- Follow Kyle: Letterboxd
- Support the show on Patreon.
- 1920s – F.W. Murnau
- 1930s – Charlie Chaplin
- 1940s – Orson Wells (Hitchcock)
- 1950s – Alfred Hitchcock (Kurosawa)
- 1960s – Stanley Kubrick (Godard or Leone)
- 1970s – Francis Ford Coppola (Spielberg or Altman)
- 1980s – Stanley Kubrick (Steven Spielberg)
- 1990s – Steven Spielberg (Quentin Tarantino)
- 2000s – Christopher Nolan (Peter Jackson)
- 2010s – Damien Chazelle (Denis Villeneuve)
Have a film suggestion you think we’ve never seen and want us to discuss on the show? Send your pick to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us WILL watch it and discuss it on a future next show… or send a comment, suggestion or criticism and we’ll discuss that as well!